This Tour is top rated on TripAdvisor!
This fun and informative walking tour explores the convergence of characteristics that make Boulder a truly special place. Small groups ensure a quality experience so we set our tour capacity to 12. Pre-registration is required — see the tour calendar for tour dates and registration. Recent customers have described the tour as: “the absolute best thing we could have done! Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. We learned about Boulder’s history, the culture, and the community. We would absolutely recommend this as one of the first things to do in Boulder!” Check out loads of additional customer feedback here. We’re not your typical superficial tour company!
Sights and stories you’ll see and hear …
The historical foundations of today’s city:
- The historic Boulderado Hotel and today’s rendition of the lovely St. Julien Hotel
- Glimpses of two of Boulder’s central pioneer neighborhoods — and stories of their long-ago residents
- Boulder’s Carnegie library — and the story behind the “Athens of the West”
- The inside scoop on Boulder’s successful bid to welcome the University of Colorado‘s flagship campus
- The vision behind creation of the Pearl Street Mall – Boulder’s heart and soul and one of the nation’s most successful pedestrian malls
The award-winning quality-of-life of today’s Boulder:
- A drinking water fountain noting Boulder’s water source: a real glacier!
- The magical, majestic Dushanbe Teahouse
- Home of E-town, the successful national radio program featuring “music, ideas, community”
- Urban planning strategies, sustainability, alternative transportation and open space and mountain parks.
And just for fun!
- “Mork & Mindy’s” famous TV house
- Oodles of public art, including a very large bronze Rocky Mountain Elk!
2017 Tour Season
(early June through mid-September our calendar mostly follows the days/times below, but please see tour calendar)
- Mon 10:00 am
- Wed 10:00 am
- Fri 10:00 am
- Sat 10:00 am
Contact us to request additional dates, times and/or information, private group prices vary by size. Tours cover slightly over 1.5 miles at a leisurely pace (no hills), and we will spend about 1 hour and 45 minutes together. Capacity 12, first come-first serve, pre-registration required.
- $20 adults, prepaid online, 18+ yrs (we keep our tour prices low, so no additional senior discounts, sorry!)
- $15 youth, prepaid online, 13-17 yrs
- no charge for children (12 yrs and under, but must still be registered, young children will need strollers to keep the pace!)
- Your walking tour begins and ends at the Hotel Boulderado — easy for shopping or catching a delicious lunch afterward! Specific logistical information is provided in your confirmation email.
- There are several convenient parking garages where parking is FREE on Saturdays and Sunday. See Downtown Boulder’s parking guide.