Nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, at an elevation of 5400 feet, Boulder is home to about 100.000 residents. Boulder has a rich history, originally settled as a mining supply town in 1859. Today Boulder is a vibrant college town, with a very diverse and healthy economy, in a stunning setting.
The City of Boulder is a compact town of 25 square miles surrounded by publicly owned open space and a protected mountain backdrop, making it easy to navigate by foot or bicycle. Let us share Boulder with you!
Here are a few of the recent accolades earned by our town, compiled by the City of Boulder:
- Best Communities for Physical Well-Being (#1) –Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, February 2016
- The 10 Most Active Cities in U.S. (#1) – trulia, February 2016
- The 10 Fastest Growing Startup Business Cities in U.S. (#5) – Mattermark, January 2016
- The Seven Best Cities to Launch a Startup in 2016 (#4) – Small Business Trends, Nov. 15, 2015
- The Best Cities for Outdoor Recreation Enthusiasts (#1) – Storage, Nov. 3, 2015
- <>The Top 10 Metro Areas for Female Entrepreneurship (#1) – Fast Company, Oct. 26 2015
- The Best College Towns to Live In (#3) – SmartAsset, Oct. 13, 2015
- Great Places in America: Public Spaces (Pearl Street Mall) – American Planning Association (APA), October 2015
- 10 Best Cities for Millennial Entrepreneurs (#3) – Thumbtack , Sept. 29, 2015
- The 100 Best Places to Live (#5) – Livability, September 2015